Weight tracker

Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Importance of being a Good Role Model

Even though my children are young, they have definitely noticed my 80+ lb weight loss.  They often hear people mention the dramatic difference in my physical appearance.  My son said that even the waitress at our local cafe noticed my weight loss. 

My son and I have started a routine of him joining me on my Saturday and Sunday morning walks.  I walk around four miles, and he rides his bike next to me. He has put a pack on his bike to hold our waters for a brief break and it makes him feel so important.  He talks so much now about the importance of exercising/working out. 

My daughter now mentions my healthy food choices.  She will say that sweets are a "sometimes" food that I don't eat often nor should she.  We make a giant salad on Sunday night that we eat with our meals throughout the week.

In reflection, I see how important my exercising and healthy food choices are to my kids.  I want to be a good role model for them as they grow up.  I want them to know how to make good food choices and know that exercise is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment