Weight tracker

Friday, July 13, 2012

Find Your Start


I had this on my FB page from Special K and it said to share with anyone, so I thought I would post it here. 

I know I've had countless number of "starts" for losing weight.  Honestly can't even put a number on it.  And I'm not sure why this "start" was any different from all the others.  I think it was more about after the sprint of starting, I found a way to keep going.  My kids were an important part of my endurance this time.  I want to keep active and healthy not just for my myself but for them as well. 

My dad died when I was a teenager and missed out on so many important life events.  That is a huge part of my wanting to stay healthy and be around as long as possible for my children.  My daughter watched our wedding video for the first time and she asked why my dad wasn't there.  She has heard so much about him and knew he passed away before she was born, but she didn't realize the time frame.  I told her he was already in heaven and didn't get to see my wedding day.  Her response, "I want you to be there on my wedding day, and I want you to meet my babies."  I sure hope so :)

So find your start and maybe even more important is your motivation to keep going!

3 comments:

  1. Jillian Michaels often says during her workout DVDs to ignore the pain, just think about why you're doing this. "If you have a why you can do anything!", she says. :) I think that's a another new motivation for me...to remember why I'm doing this.

    Thanks for commenting today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good viewpoint: remember the why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter how often you have to restart, just getting started again is a huge step in the right direction. Great post!

    ReplyDelete