Weight tracker

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Another Day of Snow Fun

Today, it was just me and the kids at home.  I got busy early this morning to finish cleaning up the holiday mess and catching up on laundry.  I knew they would want to go back outside today to play in the snow.  As predicted, the first thing my daughter asked was if we were going to play in the snow today.  At this point, I have to say that I'm not a big fan of winter precipitation.  I think fresh, fallen snow is beautiful.  However, I can admire the beauty from my window while I sip on some coffee.  Just not a fan of snow or for that fact winter in general.  So... I said yes of course we will go play in the snow later today.

I do know this: when I was extremely obese I probably would have told her it was too cold to go outside.  I might have even said to wait for daddy to come home, and he can take you out.  It wasn't just because of my dislike of the cold and snow but really a lack of energy.  It is a chore:  button up, layer on the clothes,  find all the winter gear, trudge around in the snow and play, and then clean up the wet mess once we got inside.  I just didn't have the energy. 

My daughter rolling around in the snow.
 
Today I had the energy to get everyone ready to go outside, play for almost an hour, and clean up the mess without feeling exhausted.  I love how my weight loss has positively impacted my role as  a mom.  We rolled in the snow, played with the dogs, and built a snowman.  No pictures of the snowman because  he didn't turn out as expected.  And that is okay because we had a lot of fun making him. 
 
It is so important to keep moving!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment