Weight tracker

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Baseball, Softball, Repeat

Last week was so busy that we only came home to crash around 11:00 p.m. each night.  Between our two kids, they ended up playing nine baseball/softball  games in five days!  I hang my head in shame to say this lead to a lot of late night dinners and bad ballpark eating.  One night we ended up having those big, salty pretzels for our dinner.  The concession stand was sold out of sandwiches and hot dogs so our choices were limited.  
This week the ball schedule isn't quite so demanding and I'm determined to get out ahead of it and prepare some meals in advance.  It was hard with early and late games in the evening to get in any dinner until very late.  I've already planned to do a healthy crock pot chicken meal for dinner tomorrow night.  Both of the games are at 8:00 p.m., so I am going to fit in an early dinner before we have to be at the ballparks. 

I think I have mentioned before that I tend to eat more when I am exhausted.  Fatigue makes me feel like I have "earned" a treat.  I'm not as bad about rewarding myself with food for a busy schedule, but I still fall once in awhile.  I found myself one night, the pretzel night, allowing myself to have another small meal around midnight.  I never eat that late at night.  However, I was exhausted and still had a lot to do.  I had to wash ball uniforms for the next day and get ready for a yard sale the next day too!  Whew!  I think if I eat I will find some more get up and go but I usually just end up feeling disappointed in myself if I eat something "bad" which I did that night. I had a small bowl of homemade chicken and dumplings.  My choice could have been better: some almonds, Greek yogurt, or a small piece of fruit and then I wouldn't have felt so guilty. 

When I weighed in on Saturday morning I was up one pound.  I am resolved to make this week much better by planning around our busy, tight schedules and finding more time for working out. 

1 comment: