Weight tracker

Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Have Resolved to Work Harder


When I weighed in Saturday morning, I was pretty disappointed.  I had done better with my eating and working out.  To be honest, I didn't hit my 5 workouts that I had planned for the week.  I only did 3 out of 5.  There are plenty of excuses but the main one was returning back to work kicked my butt!  The kids and I had been staying up late and sleeping in (8:00 a.m. at our house) over Christmas break. 

However, last week was a big improvement over the past two weeks.  I was hoping my body would be shocked into a substantial weight loss.  No such luck.  It seems that this last chunk of weight is refusing to go!  From time to time, I let myself get discouraged at the amount of time it has taken.  I jokingly told a co-worker that I could go down in the Guinness's Book of World Records for the longest amount of time to lose weight. 

I will just resolve to do better and work harder this week.  Best of luck to everyone for a healthy week. 

7 comments:

  1. "I only did 3 out of 5." You did 3 workouts this week, great job! It's good to have a goal but remember, a goal set and partially reached is better than a goal never set. Weight is a funny thing, hang in there, keep doing what you're doing because this is for life, not so much about losing x amount of weight. Even if you stayed this weight all winter, would that be such a bad thing? Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good with your workouts! I think the main thing is that is really does take awhile with those last pounds and you have to be super careful with your eating. Don't get discouraged - be encouraged for all you have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to say I admire you for being a mom and working full time and geting your workouts in!! It amazes me truly! I don't have kids and I find it hard sometimes to get all the workouts I want to get in the week. You should pat yourself on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for the encouragement, it means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll join you on that longest-time-to-lose-weight prize. ...it will be four years in May since I started, and I'm still 25 away from goal. :/

    Yes, kudos to you for exercising while working full time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leah, we can challenge each other for that prize :)

    ReplyDelete