Weight tracker

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Don't Be Afraid to Start Over

Don't be afraid to start over...that has been my motto this time around for losing weight.  I lost a lot of weight when I was younger and kept if off for six years.  Then, when my husband and I were having fertility issues and treatments, I gained all the weight back.  I now know that a lot of my weight issues centered around that disappointment.  I could lose 15 pounds easily but then I would lose interest and it would all come right back.

I was scared to get back into the right mindset to lose weight and start exercising.  I would say I wanted to lose weight but there was something holding me back: fear, emotions, the security blanket of weight, etc.

When I went to  a weight loss surgery workshop, everything clicked for me.  I realized that I deserved to give myself one more chance to lose weight on my own. I wasn't sure that I could do it on my own, but I owed it to myself to try.  A good friend went with me to the workshop and  provided me with support.  It sounded too good to be true.  Could a surgery solve my weight problem?  Maybe.  However, with the lapband one must still do a lot of the work.  That was my turning point about getting serious for the long haul.

Don't be afraid to start over.  No matter what your goal is in life. 

2 comments:

  1. Such an encouraging post. I always tell people that I was on a diet at least 500 times before it finally worked. If I hadn't started over that last time - what could have happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, those words are so true!

    ReplyDelete