Weight tracker

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

No Longer Looking for Excuses

I worked out a bit too much this weekend and pulled a muscle.  I was trying to convince myself on Monday that it was okay to workout.  I tried playing baseball first with my kids and every time I bent down, my muscle would scream in agony!  I was determined to get in some exercise so I kept pushing myself.  By the end of the day, I was pretty much beat up and applying  icy/hot therapy.  I had to admit that I wasn't in any shape to workout and that pushing myself only made the injury worse.  Today I am feeling much better but still not 100%.  I am going to do some light workouts but not anything too intense.

The title for this post came from my reflection on how my attitude has changed toward exercise.  It was only two years ago that I would have looked for ANY excuse not to workout.  I was  too tired, had a headache, had too much to do and the list goes on...   It didn't take much to deter me from exercising.  I could justify just about any excuse in my head. 

It is interesting how time and hard work have changed my attitude.  I now workout too much sometimes and have to accept that my body needs to rest.  Really never thought that sentence would  come out of my mouth!   I didn't start out full force with walking but just a mile here and there.  That lead to two miles 3-4 times a week and then 4 miles 5-6 times a week.  I then started to add yoga, step aerobics, bike riding, and light weights.  It took a lot of time and hard work to get to my new and improved attitude :)

1 comment:

  1. It's great that find the need to rest now because of your active lifestyle! It's amazing how much we change both mentally and physically as we lose and maintain our weight! Congratulations and take it easy until you feel better!

    ReplyDelete