Weight tracker

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Heat Wave Claims Weigh-In Day

Where I live the daily temperature has been averaging around 105 degrees this week and next week looks to be about the same.  I have used the heat as an excuse not to workout.  Yes, I could have done an indoor workout but my head said "you walk during the summer - outdoors."  So I would convince myself that it was too hot and dangerous to walk outdoors.


I could have gotten up at 5:30 a.m. to walk since the heat isn't dangerous then, and there would be someone at home to watch the kids.  I even set my alarm one day at 5:00 a.m. and promptly hit the snooze button when it went off.  I was just too tired to get up that early.  I exercised only  two times this week.

So after a week of neglecting my  workouts, I gained three pounds!  What?!?  I couldn't believe the scale this morning.  This is the most weight I have gained in a week's time in over two years.  Now there are other excuses to throw into this week's gain but just not wanting to workout is the #1 excuse. 

My plan this week is to battle the heat with determination.  I will get up at 5:30 a.m. to walk or do an indoor workout EVERY DAY this week!  My goal is to exercise every day even if it is a brief 30 minute workout. 

3 comments:

  1. Liz, thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the comment.

    Getting those workouts in during hot days is rough. Like you said, we will do better this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for the weight gain but you can get it right back off! It has been over 100 here too and I go really early and take water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah and Diane, thanks for the encouragement. I am determined to make this week much better.

    ReplyDelete